Monday, January 13, 2014

Ports and Books and Food...Oh My!

Maybe blogging will work out for me this time. It's a really good way to keep busy and I love writing. I went to have my port needle changed for the first time today! I was so nervous, especially since the woman next to me at the place also had a port and she was having to be rushed to the hospital because hers clotted up. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The nurses there used a needle that was smaller than the ones at the hospital. They also used a different dressing that doesn't make me want to itch my skin off, thank goodness! So it went well. Still not happy with the port, but I'm sure that will change in time. On the subject of the port...does anyone have any suggestions on keeping it dry in the shower? The hospital said Glad press and seal with some tape. I've tried it. I even tried layers of it using whole rolls of tape but the dressing always gets wet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm reading the book The Fault in our Stars by John Green because I saw many CFers talking about it. I'm loving it! I'm not done with it yet, but I highly recommend it. I love the main character's perspective. Does anyone know of any books about someone with CF that are a good read? If not I may need to write one. That'd be fun. I don't know what I'd talk about but still...I could try. I'm definitely a reader and a writer.
This post is jumping around a lot but I write about what my brain tells me at the moment and I always have 50 million thoughts going on.
It's weird being out of school while all my friends are back in. This break from school is giving me a chance to relax and do stuff I want. By the way, thanks for all the support on that decision y'all! This is going to sound super lame but last night I was super proud of myself and felt so accomplished. What did I do to feel like this? Well I went grocery shopping and managed to get food to make 8 dinners, snacks, and my life necessities ( Mountain Dew and Masterpiece barbecue sauce). I got all that food for  $135. I'm trying to be a smart shopper. Next shopping trip will be less money but more food. That's my goal. One last thing for this blog. I got a crockpot for Christmas and I'm downright obsessed. Does that make me an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment