Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's 3 o' clock in the morning, sleeping is boring

Hey y'all! I can never sleep at night anymore it seems. It sucks because I'm so gosh darn tired. So here I am at this absurd hour, watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower writing this blog post and generally feeling like death. Despite being on IV antibiotics, it seems like I am getting sicker.  My lungs hurt, pretty bad actually. I keep having awful cough attacks. You CFers know what I'm talking about. Those attacks where you just can't stop coughing and you feel like you're going to puke and it leaves you gasping for air at the end for like 5 minutes. I just typed all that while having one of those said attacks.  Skills, my friends, skills. I woke up to a soaking wet apartment again yesterday. But the guys came in immediately to vacuum up the water and tell me what they are going to do. Well they might be fixing this apartment but I'm getting out of the place. After having to put my rain boots on just to get to my kitchen, I spent the rest of the morning at the library in a comfy chair with my laptop looking on craigslist. After standing in my kitchen later on that night cooking dinner and realizing a pipe in there was leaking, I was absolutely fed up. So I am spending the whole day today, you know once the sun comes up, riding around looking for an apartment. I will not return home until I find one.  I'll let y'all know how it goes. I also have a dinner date and I'm all for some free food. So all in all, a good day shall be had I suppose. I finished The Fault in our Stars and I must admit that I bawled like a baby. I still highly recommend it though. My port is still hurting and now my shoulder on that side hurts. Seems like one thing after another. Story of my life actually. But I will not let it get me down. I'm still holding out hope that a rich Prince Charming will swoop in to save me from my life right now, and preferably take me to a dry apartment. This post is just a sleepless rant  that jumps all over the place. I'm sorry y'all.

4 comments:

  1. How did the apartment hunt go? Is your family coming to help you?
    Every day you spend in that environment is harming your lungs. Please
    Get out ASAP!
    People are here for you, and care for you, even if it is remotely. We
    Want you to hang in there, and do everything possible to stay healthy.
    A cure may be very close, or at least better meds, so you have to be
    In as good shape as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for checking in! The apartment hunt went great! I found the most perfect little house for rent which is so much better than an apartment! It was exactly what I was looking for! Fingers crossed that I get it! My family has been so extremely helpful through this process. I'm so blessed to have them and so blessed I have people like you who care! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. When will they let you know if you get it? I hope it's soon!
    Meanwhile, spend as little time as possible in that apartment.
    I hope that your date went well & that you had a good dinner.
    Please take care.

    ReplyDelete