Thursday, February 20, 2014

Only a dog likes bones and other insulting sayings

I'm sure everyone has heard the expression "only a dog likes bones" in reference to skinny girls. I cannot tell you how much I despise that saying with every ounce of my size 0 body. I do not see how that is acceptable. It is degrading. It's just like calling a bigger woman fat. I feel as if it is a saying to make bigger women feel better about themselves and their bodies. You should not have to put others down to feel better. Some women are naturally very skinny. Some women are naturally bigger. Some women naturally fall in the "average" range, as if average is a real thing. God makes everyone different. There is no wrong or right body type. It's just a hateful saying that hurts my feelings as well as others I'm sure. Some women, like me, cannot gain weight. I work just as hard to gain weight as some women do to lose it. It is not acceptable for me as a small woman to call a bigger woman fat, so why is it okay for them to use this expression towards me? As a skinny woman I do not go around saying that bigger women are gross and undesirable. I do not make fun of or degrade them. I just ask for the same respect. Do not tell me "only a dog likes bones" or call me "anorexic" to make yourself feel better about your weight. Gain some confidence or do something about it if it bothers you that much. I work my butt off to put on weight and I just cannot so back off. Sorry y'all! Just ranting about the injustices of society!

No comments:

Post a Comment