Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Indecisive Self: Schools, majors, decisions!

One thing you will all learn about me is I am completely indecisive. I have the hardest time making up my mind. Even something as simple as picking out a color of leggings becomes a BIG DEAL. Actually that same situation happened today. I was in Dollar General when I saw sweater leggings. They were absolutely adorable. I loved both the white and gray ones. The problem was they were $8 each. To some of y'all I know $16 is hardly nothing but to a college student $16 can get you a week's worth of Taco Bell! So I had to choose. I asked my mom who gave me the standard mom answer "get which ever one you like better" and "either one is cute" which was obviously no help at all. After mentally going through all the possible tops I could wear and staring at them longingly for about 5 or 10 minutes I finally decided on the white pair. Its been 6 hours since I left the store and I'm contemplating just going and buying the gray pair too. See how bad my problem is?
Well my real problem with my indecisiveness is when it comes to college. I'm a sophomore in college. I'm halfway through my first semester which means its getting closer and closer to the time where I must commit to a major. I went into college for early childhood education. Well then I changed my mind. Because of some health and personal problems I had to move back closer to home. So after my freshman year at college #1 I moved back home and started this year at college #2 with the intent to major in nursing. Well of course my credits messed up and I lost a whole semester of classes. It totally sucked. So I would graduate a semester behind. Well now I'm once again contemplating a major change. I have always loved baking and wanted to go to culinary school for the longest time but always figured I should go to school for something more practical (obviously education and nursing). I want to follow my dream though. But it would take me four years to graduate because the credit requirement is so high. I know I would enjoy this school more but is it worth the extra years of school? Instead of graduating at 21 I would graduate at 23. I know to adults that read that its not a big deal but for people my age I know you understand.
My real dream job is to be a stay at home mom. MRS. degree anyone? I'd love to be the whole "June Cleaver" image. Take care of kids, clean the house, sit my butt on Pinterest all day (well maybe June didn't do that), just a few of my favorite things.

I obviously want my degree first but I aspire to be a stay at home mom. It really irritates me when people down stay at home moms. Most people that do that are just jealous they can't do the same. There's nothing wrong with being a homemaker just like there is nothing wrong with having a career.
I'm getting really offtrack. I just hope this change in schools and major makes me happy and is my absolute last change. I really need to be more decisive!

No comments:

Post a Comment