Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First Blog Ever!

Lately I've been having back problems causing me to take pain medication that leaves me in an almost drunk state. Well last night in my almost drunken stupor I started contemplating life. Just to give you an idea about just how far gone I was: I sent my boyfriend a text that said "I'm so at peace with the world." I felt the need to write a blog to get all my thoughts out. I listed out all the possible titles I could use and possible post ideas. Considering the state I was in most of the titles were rather good, others...not so much.
This is my first attempt at a blog. When I was younger I had diary after diary but I would usually write 3 or 4 entries and never write again. This time I vow to be different. I will write everyday hopefully. I plan to use this blog for anything in the world really. I hope whoever reads this, if anyone does, enjoys it and is amused by it. I guarantee there will be stories about me, my crazy family, my crazy friends, or my crazy disease.
I guess I should explain the title of my blog. Well to be honest I wanted to name my blog "A field of dandelions" based on my favorite quote:

Well the url thing was taken which greatly disappointed me. So I started thinking about my life. My disease, Cystic Fibrosis, is obviously a great object in my life. Another name for Cystic Fibrosis is 65 Roses (or CF, I'll probably use all three a lot). Well you know the the song "99 problems" by Jay Z? Well if you don't it has a lyric that says "I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one" so I started thinking in my almost drunken state about how "every rose has its thorns." (This medication really had me thinking) Thus "I've got 65 Roses and they all have thorns" was born.
For more info on CF check out: http://www.cff.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment