Monday, October 15, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

My internal debate about my future career is raging once again. By the end of my spring semester I have to officially declare my major and start in on those career specific classes. When I went into college I knew exactly what I wanted to be: a kindergarten teacher. After a horrible education related class I had my doubts. So after that so many options bounced around in my mind. I'm currently majoring in nursing, but I transferred and lost a lot of credits so I'm pretty far behind. I thought I would enjoy being a school nurse but one night after watching my little sister wiggle her not so loose tooth so violently that it came out along with tons of blood, I changed my mind. Now I know what most of you are thinking: I have CF so it seems like I should be used to the blood and nasty things that go along with the medical field. I am, but seeing my blood or watching somebody give me an IV or even a PICC procedure is different. I'm totally comfortable with it. I'm not so sure I'd be as comfortable doing it to someone else. Plus as much as I go into the hospital the medical field should be the last thing I want to work in.

 Anyway back to my career battle. So then I thought about how I love to bake, I really do love it. I wanted to go to culinary school for baking and pastry. Every time I think of a career my dad usually tells me how that career might not be a good fit for me with my CF. For instance, being around sick kids, being around sick patients, and coughing constantly around food. I get his point, my lung functions definitely are not very good for my young age of 19 years old. I was around the 50s in May. I have not been able to go back to the doctor's yet because I lost health insurance once I turned 19. Still its discouraging to say the least. I have no idea what to do. What if all I want to do in life is get married and then be a stay at home mom? Is that really so bad? I cannot honestly think of any degree that I would love to have. Should I finish my early childhood degree. Should I go to culinary school? Should I just jump right in and try to start my bakery? I know I want degree whether I use it or not. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Https://www.facebook.com/104891335203341/

    ReplyDelete